Monday, March 25, 2019

I'm Free Today: Intervention, no. 4

Bound Yesterday, Free Today

Finding God in the Daily

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
 John 8:36

The destination of the spiritual sojourner unfolds as it is lived out. 

I AM A FREE PERSON TODAY.  It hasn’t always been this way. Life used to be confusing and less fulfilling. Through a soul-changing process over time God brought me to a place of freedom and joy. It's changed my life and my perspectives. 

My point of view has altered somewhat as to what it is to be a sweet aroma of Christ in the world, church, and community. Love and grace are spiritually endued gifts of any Christian. 

God uses us.

The more we develop our spiritual, emotional, mental, and intellectual lives,
   the more we rely on the Spirit to guide and enable us,
      the more we are in-tune with others,
          the more we exhibit the fruits of the spirit,
              > the more we can expect God to use us in others' lives.

The time comes, though, when there is a drain on personal energy and supply: Some whom we help take advantage, some have physical, mental, and emotional needs, not to mention their addictions and dysfunction. As much as we may want to, we can't meet every need nor are we equipped to do so.

Two concerns
1) We can't help everybody nor would it be wise to do so. Common sense is needed.
2) We can't give them what we don't have ourselves. Platitudes mean little.

Two solutions
1) Use discernment and godly wisdom and follow your gut feeling. Be wise spiritually.
2) Share what you have those times God puts someone in your path. Be pro-active.

Like much in Christian life, we can't do this kind of thing in our own strength (unless our talents are in that area). It is best to rely on God to facilitate the discussion. This enables us to do and say what we didn't think ourselves capable of doing and saying. It is a beautiful thing to be used by God-- wherever it takes us, to assist whomever.

God loves others through our obedience to Him. God uses what we know and the power of our transformation to be lights in the world. This has everything to do with our embracing Christ and His embracing us back. God is in control. He is the loving controller of our lives and all things. Notice where He is at work.

After experiencing my spiritual transformation--from a spiritual life based on duty and performance to a spiritual life based on love and God’s goodness--I can look at my back trail and see parallels in my choices and the way God uses them for the better good.

God healed pockets of painful emotions within me. These areas blinded me to the true condition of my inner self. Now that I'm free from their bondage I can speak to the need. I promised God I would do so back in 2002. This is why I want other silent suffers to tap into real, loving, enlivened, spiritual life.

Dear Father, You are a good God. You make us to lie down by still waters. You restore our souls. You lead us in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake and our betterment. Praise and thanksgiving. Amen

More to come.

To God be the Glory

A message of life.
Inspiration 43

No comments:

Post a Comment