Sunday, March 31, 2019

My Story, My Why: Intervention no. 10


My Story of a Personal Intervention

Finding God in the Daily


The purpose of this intervention series is to wake us up to the problem of pain, distance, lifelessness, and separation in a Christian’s life.

No matter the person, they must realize there is a problem to solve before they can take action to resolve it. The next section of this series presents troubles on the home front. These problems are quite real. They should not to be ignored as just problems of willful rebellion, although for some this could be true. 

My hope is to create an awareness of the deeper need that has gone mainly unnoticed in the church. After identifying the need, comes a solution in answer to the lack. This series offers ways for finding God as the Helper and Healer, the remedy and solution, to pain, suffering, depletion, deadness, and disillusionment. 

Most of what I write comes by way of personal experiences borne out of my heart's longing for God. My instruction came after I asked God to heal and change me. He did both. Through the lessons learned over the course of my spiritual journey, I  wakened to the deeper understanding of what it is to sit at the table and learn of Him. I discovered God to be real and caring and as a close friend for all seasons. My story is not included but you may listen to my story of transformation on my nlbrumbaugh log here.

I start at the backend from the viewpoint of a believer who thinks they’re doing just fine, believes they’ve dealt with their issues, is obedient spiritually, and is more or less content with their life. This satisfied Christian believer is stuck. Stuck means inmoveable. In this case, their get-along needs to get going.  Spiritual depth won't drop in their lap willy-nilly. It doesn't work that way.

This writing’s argument first exposes a limited Christian belief. This view says all is good and you are right where you should be as an upstanding Christian. You do the Christian thing well. You are obedient, faithful, and forgive those who hurt you. You go also go to church, read a devotional, pray, and treat people right.

If this is you, read on.

Most likely you are living your Christian life with some self-enacted limitations. You have erected a shield to hide any hidden issues in the interior self that have caused some kind of dysfunction, pain, emotional damage, anger,  trauma, or conflict. You've covered up those things that keep you traumatized or in bondage. You try and try and try but you never seem to measure up.

This is no way to live. There is a better way.

More tomorrow.

Dear Father, We are so thankful that you care about us and want us to be well in our spirit. Amen

To God be the Glory 

A Message of Life

Inspiration 48  



No comments:

Post a Comment