Sunday, March 10, 2019

Pain, Tears, and God -- Inspiration 28

Tears of the Heart

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28  NIV

No words adequately describe the pain in wounds of the heart. Unsettled and distraught, the person carries on like nothing has happened, yet everything has changed. God meets them in their pain and gives them hope and a promise.

THE WOUND GOES DEEP, so very deep, deeper than ever thought possible. Pain makes every day a trial to get through. Emotions are on a cataclysmic course with reality. Life has never been so dark and hope so dim.

Like King David grieving the death of his child, the days are a torment of heart-sickened suffering. Then comes the day in the quiet hours alone with God, that the still, small voice of God speaks to the soul. His comfort ministers to the unvoiced need.

Like the prophet Elijah, you say, "God, I can't do this anymore. I quit. I don't know what to do." God says in reply something like this, "I know you can't handle it, but I can. You are not alone. I am with you. Let me help you. We'll get through this together. Trust me."

Like Moses, we think we don't have what it takes. We make excuses for our inadequacy. God reminds us that this is His deal. He's got this. We are to depend on His adequacy to provide the right words, the right way, and at the right time. God teaches us to trust Him for the journey.

God is present in the suffering. He teaches those in travail to lean on Him and to be patient. Great grace steadies their course as they reach for God to receive His healing love. God ministers to the spiritual need, and zeros in on the areas that could use His tender touch.  Cleansing tears gush forth as the injured self is set free.

Dear loving Father God, You care about us. How amazing that is. And Your love meets me when I'm upset, hurt, or in turmoil. I hold on to You for all I'm worth. I don't know what I'd do without You. Amen

To God be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment