Thursday, April 11, 2019

God's Quality is Gentle and Applicable: Intervention 20


When We Learn from Christ, We Become more like Him

Finding God in the Daily


For I am gentle and lowly in heart.
Matthew 11:29

Christians are image bearers. Their lives reflect Christ to the world. They are being changed from the inside to out, and it shows.

God's character-likeness influences our character and likeness.

A fully surrendered life has healing and cleansing. This life is pliable, moldable, and fluid. The resistance is gone. The inward places are healthy. Their focus is changed from ordinary spiritual living to a serious bent toward loving God with all their heart, mind, and soul.

God enables His life to live freely in those who turn their attention to receive of Him. God is the change agent in a caring, loving, interactive, Father-to-child relationship with His children. God is a gentle, kind Papa.

He is humble,
-wise,
     -trustworthy,
            -strong,
                   -caring,
                           -helpful.

Those who find God, whom have really found Him in this way, are different from others in the Christian family. They have a quality about them, like a softness indicative of quiet strength. It show outwardly when there is free access in an interactive relationship.

These followers are gentle and humble in heart. In truth, what they have is a Divine Presence in them shining forth, a beauty that originates from within that lights the eyes with life and peace. Their's is an inner radiance that spills forth in splashes of joy and inner delight that never draws attention to itself but arrests others' attention. 

In His gentle way, God cleanses souls, mends hearts, and heals wounds.

This is God’s loving intervention for dealing with the presence of pain and inner isolation in His followers. He desires our life that He might redeem every part of it. God touches us where we have been wounded by thoughtless words and unkind actions. He also brings to the forefront those times when we have acted in wrong-minded self-interest through self-serving, unkind words and actions.

Therapists guide us,.
-Friends love us,
     -Family supports us,
           -Pastors counsel us,
                  -Many pray for us,
But only God heals us. 

God meets us in the inner recesses of our hearts when we are open enough to let Him. The process can be painful, especially when past experiences have piled up like a formidable fortress walling emotions inside that have fermented in harmful destructive ways. It is okay to say, I can’t do this anymore, God. I can’t deal with this any longer. Take it. I need your help. I give up. I give it to You and ask You to take it. You to do it. I trust You.I want you. .

What came next in my life was extremely painful but worth it.

One by one as He revealed them to me, I gave my hurts and fears to God. It was a process of God showing me my heart. I saw how my wounds and self-imposed limitations were enclosed beyond my human ability to expose or remediate. Sadness, repentance, and sorrow mingled together overwhelming my spirit. God gently released their hold on me. God met me there as I revisited the ache in my heart, holding me in His tight embrace as He wiped my endless tears from swollen eyelids. His love was warm and comforting, kind and forgiving. His Father-love enveloped me, touched my wounds, lifted my sorrows, healed my hurts—and set me free. I understood that while on the cross, Christ shared in my suffering. My sadness gave way to relief then peace. The freedom was as if a burden had lifted and the monkey was off my back. The sorrow disappeared out of my heart until only a scar remained. I have never been the same. The pain has not returned. The deep sense of sorrow is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment