Tuesday, April 2, 2019

What Christ Promises Us: Intervention no. 12

How God is the Answer to Our Whatever

Finding God in the Daily

I'm in the top row, far left.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; 
for I am meek and lowly in heart: 
and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30  KJV
  
 God gives rest to our whole self whenever we need it and beyond.

The solution for dealing with the angst in life is found in God.


For two years I was part of a collegiate group of ten young women called Triple Trio (nine singers and a pianist). We traveled on weekends to minister in local churches and as representatives for our Christian college. 

During each performance, I recited the words to Matthew 11:28-30 before we sang “Come Unto Me.” The song was pure loveliness: its harmonies, lyrics, tune, artistic rendition. I can still replay the words and harmony in my memory with its alto notes resonating in deep tones. 

For a one year I quoted this passage in every performance, and I grew to love its words. The scripture soon became like a treasure to me. Many years have passed since then and now, yet its words of comfort quickly revisit me whenever I am in pain, anxious, or grieving a loss. I share it when others are in the midst of struggle or in need of encouragement.

Matthew 11:28-30 is rich with applicable content that refreshes the spirit whenever it is accessed. "I will give you rest," is for every moment. We need the rest that God gives. He facilitates rest in our whole being. Anxious? Pray these words as a promise from God. Christ's words provide appropriate content for showing how God activates this answer as a solution to the angst in daily living. God speaks life to us. Christ is life in us. The Spirit comforts, leads, and enables life with us. 

Dear Father God, You provide what we need and give hope to our days. Thank you for being Life to us. Amen

 

To God be the Glory

A Message of Life
Daily Inspiration 50

No comments:

Post a Comment