Friday, April 19, 2019

An Extraordinary Remarkable Vision

He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by his wounds you were healed. -1 Peter 2:24

For Good Friday

MY OLDEST DAUGHTER had the following vision during a class at a Christian university. Worshipful music played while students participated in prayerful meditative contemplation. My daughter was praying and seeking God when this movie-like vision was viewed in her mind's eye. It startled her. Nothing like this had ever happened to her before. It was so unusual that she called me later to tell me about it. At my request, she wrote it down on a slip of paper. She said the figures were  like cookie cutter shapes without gender. I think it is simple yet powerful. I suggest you read it out loud for the full impact.

Her Vision

JESUS was white, and everyone else looked just like him except they all were covered in dirt. Different people were dirtier, blacker, or whatever. Then they all went and hugged Jesus. Jesus became dirtier than anyone; caked with filth. Everyone else became pure white as Jesus once was
  "And I’ll never know how much it cost, to see my sin upon that cross."  Refrain  playing when the vision came to her.

---Here I Am to Worship by Tim Huges

No comments:

Post a Comment