Monday, September 30, 2019

ABANDONED and AFRAID

ABANDONED, ALONE, AFRAID

but NOT FORSAKEN

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”


GOD PROMISES to never leave us or forsake us. This promise is golden. Circumstances may defeat us. People may betray us. Conflict may depress us. God says He is here for us. We can count on Him. It's true. God is our rock in times of trouble. He doesn't abandon us.

WHEN YOU are abandoned, you can feel all alone. Fear, worry, and pain make it difficult to move forward. The isolation one feels is overpowering. God says, "I'm here. Let me help you. Give it to me. Trust me with it." You wonder how to do that. You picture your hand in His.

I WAS ABANDONED by my mate more than once. The pain went deep. My babies were hurting. Most people didn't know how to help us, though they tried. I needed God so very desperately. Knowing He was there and wouldn't forsake me gave me great comfort. I clung to Him. He said, "Trust me."

I LEARNED to trust God with the many difficulties that come when you are left and alone. When I'd been abandoned, it was with no knowledge of my mate's whereabouts. My life collapsed. I had to make a new path. I sought God every day for the strength I needed. I prayed and read His Word.

GOD MET ME where I was at. He heard my cries. He ministered to me in the deep places of the heart. He helped me find work, take care of the kids, and get a handle on things. It was harder than I can put into words. God became my 'enough' to make it to the other side. God carried me through. I am so thankful.

TGBTG

No comments:

Post a Comment