Wednesday, September 11, 2019

ALIVE in the SPIRIT


I am thinking, praying, reading, listening, asking, seeking, revisiting things of God.

A few minutes ago I felt the intimacy of closeness with God while praying--like an insightful awareness of being extra alive in the Spirit, like of my prayer being active with feelings of freshness, not weariness or sleepiness. I've missed the sweet fellowship I used to have--the aliveness--the joy of my salvation.

Praise him! Thank you, Jesus.

Maybe the long night is done and morning is breaking. I just read in the Book of Numbers how the children of Israel uprooted at a moments notice, then landed for a night, month, year--until God moved them to their next destination.

The 'not knowing' when they would pack up and go had to be hard on them. The Israelites learned to lean on God, to trust and obey him. The same is true of us. We get discouraged or impatient, fearful and unsettled. Then God says, "I got this," and he does.

God constantly shows us that he is in charge, not us. Each of us must learn to trust God for the journey--and all will be well according to his plan. We wait on God, trust in God, and believe in God. Our hope is in God.

Our faith is being developed. God's ever-present grace breezes throughout the events of the day, be they tumultuous or peaceful. God is here. He is alive and well. God sleepeth not. Thankful am I for his re-assurance to me. Rich, indeed, is God's divine presence. Dependent am I on his everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment