Saturday, September 14, 2019

LIFE BALANCE: Thoughts for Today

~THOUGHTS~

GOD
God lifts me up when I am down,
  holds my hand when I am weak,
    and shelters me when I am afraid.

MEMORIES
Sunday I went to church with my Dad at the retirement home. The pianist played "His eye is on the Sparrow" for the offertory. It's a beautiful old song. How lovely to be like the sparrow. "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me."

LIFE
Be gracious. Be loving. Be kind. Allow your life to minister to others.
Be strong. Be brave. Be resolute. Allow your life to find its strength.
Be aware. Be honest. Be authentic. Allow your life to speak its truth to all you meet.

BALANCE
Spiritual life involves the heart, mind and soul. I suppose that is why scripture says to love God with heart, mind and soul. Doing so initiates and keeps in balance the purity and energy of the Christ life. The mind is often the emphasis, but it is incomplete without the heart.

JOY
Do you ever have feelings of goodness well up in you? I love it when that happens. I could call it, spontaneous joy. While I drive country roads--pass acres of farmland, notice native oaks and plants, view the Western, Eastern, and Sutter Butte mountain ranges--happiness stirs in me.

MOTHER
My mother taught me how--
-to cook, can, clean, and sew,
-to play and appreciate music,
-to take good care of my things,
-to do and be my best,
-to be kind,
-to be courteous and respectful,
-to know about God and to pray,
-to be helpful,
-to serve,
My mother taught by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment