Friday, September 6, 2019

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE WRONG


Let's be honest here. . .

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS LIMITS TRUTHFULNESS

I wish we didn't have to dance around PC correctness and other protected expressions and groupings. What we can say in public is limited to these guidelines and social constructs. I want to know what someone really thinks without its being white-washed into PC conformity. Society is that retribution is to be feared. Old writings seem more honest to me. I see a freshness in them rarely seen in today's literature. Such thinking is not allowed anymore in the public marketplace of ideas.

I don't know about you, but I constantly run my thoughts through a grid before I write or say them. Sometimes I can't say what I mean for fear the PC "police" will take notice. PC ideology goes too far in controlling the way we do life, literally. People take offense, make waves, sue, attack, accuse, vent at ridiculous "perceived" slights. Higher education has fed this monster and now we're reaping its reward.

There's no end in sight to this path we're on.

Freedom is being confined to the PC mentality, which is re-classifying the way people and beliefs are being viewed. It's scary. Read the tweets. Lots of hateful statements about traditional, patriarchal, matriarchal, familial, moral, religious, and institutional belief systems. While some of this is deserved, much of the rhetoric is unkind, arrogant, and hateful. Some day it will make fools of us all. Truth will be silenced. Honest writings will be impaled for some reason or other.

The intelligentsia of the day will, most likely, control the public conversation. Some of this has already infiltrated major players, public entities we all use. Where will it ultimately land? What is the logical conclusion? People will be falsely accused. Careers will be tanked. History will be shamed. Concepts will be limited. Religions of God and Christ will be deconstructed as myths...and effectively silenced. No longer will freedom reign. Censorship where only certain voices are allowed to be heard has an agenda. Well? Worst case scenario...welcome to a society where most everything is controlled.

I see it as an injustice creeping into mainstream America. In some ways, to me, the ideas being circulated as true have skewed the ability to listen well, to consider or entertain an idea separate from their own. "You have to believe like we do or you're wrong," that sort of thinking. Candidates for public office walk a fine line, at least most of them do. To not play the PC game brings on the haters, and I'm not kidding.

I hope I'm wrong and the path turns in a different, better, less PC, less to slap undeserved labels on people (i.e. "racist," "sexist," "misogynist," "bigot") more honest direction. We must speak to it.

I love my country. I want her to be a shining light. I want justice for all. My heart says, let freedom ring. I pray for America, land of the free and the home of the brave. Just saying.

PROOF: Article on Big Tech Censorship here to learn more.
* * *
For more, visit my author site at nlbrumbaugh.com.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment