Tuesday, October 15, 2019

LIFE IN THE NOW: Random Thoughts

 

Spiritual Reflections

Pause and Consider


BE ENCOURAGED
A young woman in a social media group was frustrated with someone she was trying to help whose response was inadequate. I tried to encourage her by commenting:

"A seed is sown. It grows. It flowers. It produces fruit. God brings the increase. Some things take much time. Your loved one isn't receptive, that's okay. She may find it difficult to express herself. She may be worried, fearful, depressed. This is where grace comes in. Extend grace with patience. Open doors. Provide opportunities. Then wait, wait, wait in anticipation. Pray, pray, pray with an open heart. Then trust, trust, and trust some more. God's answers almost always play out over months and years, not days. God will make a way. Bless you for being brave. You have a voice at the table. Be wise and loving as you use it. God will help you keep in balance. Praying for you.

PURPOSE
Do you know your purpose? Purpose gives value to your life. Children of God have a dual purpose, like a layer within a layer. Christians glorify God while they simultaneously live their life's purpose. Kind of interesting how that works.

SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTS‬
‪Comments on social media arrange themselves into two groupings. Their sensitivities form two ideologies. I fail to see the need for mocking others' conclusions. My beliefs are my own. Your beliefs are your own. Conclusions may be on opposite sides of the argument but are worthy of being heard.‬

FOLLOWING & SEEKING
The spiritual realm is about two major devotions: following and seeking. Following Christ guides the life of faith. Seeking God encourages an ever-deepening living reality. Both avenues provide life and health in our spiritual journey. We stagnate when there is no will for this.

PEOPLE WANT, I WANT
People want happiness. I prayed for joy.
People want to be entertained. I prayed for peace.
People want money. I prayed for respect.
People want power. I prayed for wisdom.
People get what they want. I got what I prayed for.
Every person received their portion. I was blessed.

SPAKE THE SCRIPTURE
I'll be reading a scripture passage when, BOOM, the words grip my attention. They spring alive. My mind matches it to things of life, experiences, knowledge, spiritual meaning, truth and so on. Its preciousness ministers tender truth to the interior hallowed place of being.

SELFLESSNESS
I've known a few selfless people in my time. They have a quality about them that I admire. They're there when you need them. They give of themselves to others without any hesitation. One of my friends houses people down on their luck. Her husband has got used to it. Amazing.

MADE ANEW
After Jesus took away the sorrow,
He gave a brand new tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment