Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Problem: Alone and Defeated: Answer: Ask God


We were new facebook buddies exchanging an occasional private message. Then one evening her words spoke of despair. They concerned and saddened me. I tried to think of what I could say to her but so little did I have to offer, feeling like I was out of my element. I did some introspection, thinking of what I do when despair surrounds me and gloom overtakes me. I began to share my thoughts. 


*  *  *
Her cry in the dark ... I'm losing hope---
"I've been walking this path alone all of my life. It is just me and God wrestling this one out. I'm just tired. Defeated. Losing hope."
 
My response ... You are not alone---
"I have an assignment for you. (!) Ask God to give you a verse or a song that will help you today. He knows your heart and He will give you something you can anchor yourself with today. When life is too much and I'm in the middle of something and I don't know what to do, I will send up a prayer like this. Dear God, send me a verse or a song today that will help me. I need peace today. God usually will give me a thought later in the day. Then I meditate on it all day, or many days, dissecting each word and what it means. My friend, God is enough even when the world crashes in around you. He will get you through this, someway somehow. I will pray hope for you today. When hope is dim, life becomes hard. I've experienced loss of hope and its painful reality. Please know this, I care. I will follow through in praying strength and endurance for you. Joy comes in the morning. Just you and God. Maybe this is a healing time. Hold onto Him for dear life. There is nothing wrong in that. 

May God bless you and keep you. May His face shine upon you." N.L.B.

* * *
Maybe this is you. Is your heart sad? Do you feel despair eating you from the inside out? I want you to know that with this blog post I am saying a prayer for you. That God will meet you with his love and care, and that you will know that hope remains. There is always hope. Do not despair. Things will get better. God listens to the brokenhearted and he meets us where we're at. 

God bless you, my friend.
Norma 

~A True Life Happening                       All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment