Monday, September 9, 2013

This is What The Lord Says.. MERIDIAN MINUTE 18

A Beautiful Word from the Word that Speaks.


This is what The Lord says--Your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, " I am The Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.  Isaiah 48:17

God speaks through His Word. This morning I was reading in the book of Isaiah when I came to the verse just quoted. God teaches what is best for us. Over time I have come to realize that God puts boundaries and parameters in place for our betterment, to protect us from the living a life of sin with its payback, the consequences that pay out according to what one sows. God is the one who has our best interest at heart. He knows that what He offers us is the best thing for us. It will bring us peace, love, and wholeness.  And, best of all, a relationship with the Eternal God, the Almighty God, the Triune God, can be ours if we but ask, believe, and trust. Amazing grace it is. I want God to direct my path. But to have Him direct I must quit directing my own life. I must give up doing my own thing, planning my own life, and and coveting my way not God's.  That's the hard part. Selfishness with its self-centered thinking is the first reaction unless God is allowed to tame or at least guide out spirits. I don't always understand the part I play in His purposes, in the grand scheme of things, but I trust Him to work in and through me to make me a chosen vessel for His use. Because of God, out of me will flow rivers of life that splash in iridescent glorious delight.

Dear Father God,
You are the one in control. I ask that you would come in and flood my soul with your presence. Fill my mind with your thoughts. I praise you, thank you, and love you.  Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment