Friday, July 26, 2019

AN UNLIKELY JOURNEY

  AWAKEN

WE SPIRITUALLY AWAKEN in fits and spurts. Not one size fits all. Individual though it may be, how far or deep the awakening rests with the individual. They must want it. The desire then blooms. Once it does, a craving for spiritual truth opens it up. 

To go ‘further still’ requires intention as the pursuit unleashes an energy that loves what is being pursued. 

The more the pursuit intensifies, the more delight it brings, and the more the soul finds its satisfaction. The real kicker is when spirituality becomes more than an intellectual pursuit of knowledge to become a personal pursuit of knowing God. Spiritual living became this to me in 2002, after decades of service in the church.

My spiritual journey is an honest one at least as much as is possible within me. I am a seeker of God and a follower of his way. God has healed me and renewed me. My life is changed because of God. I owe him a debt of gratitude. 

Father God blesses me at his table of grace and fills me with his ever-deepening love. I have received God’s unmerited favor. I experience his unadulterated peace and holy presence. To be God’s child is lovely beyond loveliness. I am safe and secure in my Father’s house.

* * *
For more, visit my author site at nlbrumbaugh.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment