Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Be Bold, Be Strong

BE BOLD, BE STRONG


I WROTE an important article about abortion today on my nlbrumbaugh.com blog. I am rarely so bold. Joshua 1:9 encouraged me. God doesn't want me to be afraid. The song, Be Bold, Be Strong kept playing in my mind the way something speaks life to you.

JOSHUA 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” KJV

BE BOLD, be strong, the Lord your God is with you. Be not afraid. This is on my mind. Writing about abortion is the boldest thing I have ever done in the public arena. In the private context I've had many a bold moment out of necessity.

Like going to court in a child custody battle.
Like going through a marriage dissolution with lawyers at the table.
Like speaking my story in church.
Like addressing issues with my offspring when it is uncomfortable.
Like posting my private conversations with Emily on my nlb blog.
Like posting my personal testimony online.

But this is different.
But I'm not bold here for the most part
But not bold about the controversial topics of the day.
But I've been a wimp about speaking about what concerns me the most.

I think there are reasons for this.
I am afraid of what will happen.
I doubt my abilities, smarts, wherewithal to handle the backlash.
I don't want to be hated by the haters.
I like to be liked.

Can you relate?

BUT GOD  has called me to be truthful. He is the one who carries me through.
. . .
The link to the post on abortion is here should you wish to read it. I hope it stimulates your thinking and encourages right thinking. I am rarely so bold. Again, here is the blog link: Denial of the Truth About Abortion.

Remember this song?

BE BOLD, BE STRONG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S7ZIls9YDU&feature=youtu.be

* * *

For more, visit my author site at nlbrumbaugh.com.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment