Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Meridian Minute no. 2

 MERIDIAN MINUTE  no. 2

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."

                                                   ~Micah 6:8

 
I RECORDED these words in a notepad after my friend spoke them to me. I listened carefully as she shared them with me. Every time this woman speaks I am aware of her closeness to Father God. This dear friend is a spiritual mentor to me by time's association not by intent and purpose. It just seemed to happen. She is a real estate professional and is the mother of a friend of mine. When interviewed by a local publication, she shared this verse as her guiding principle for her work ethic saying it was her life's verse. I thought it was brave of her. 


 In a dog-eat-dog world, it is nice to have a friend who follows God's ways instead of man's ways. God's ways have a purity factor, they are pure in motive. If one's focus is on God this should matriculate down into the way a life is lived. In this verse is a safeguard to protect against wrong thinking and wrong acting. I find it a joy to be around a person who is genuinely humble. They are a rarity to be sure. What is notable about people who walk humbly with their God is that they have a softness about them.
 



                                                 Lookout Point ~ Paradise, California ~ NLB 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment