Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MERIDIAN MINUTE no. 1




MERIDIAN MINUTE  no. 1

"To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:3


THIS VERSE was sent to me in a card from a friend after I gave her a copy of my book. She was a college roommate who became one of my closest friends (we were in each other's weddings). Recently her husband died from cancer, she was telling me how it has been for her in recent months. Many changes in her life which have brought out her resilience. I love this verse for it shows how God brings good from suffering, as amazing as that is!


Maybe because I am an artistic person, I find I like to change-it-up in my devotional life. Last year I wrote down verses that impressed me in a booklet for the purpose of meditating on them to make them applicable in my life. I have memorized some of them so I can think on them while I am driving or working. I think you might enjoy reading the verses I selected with a short comment. I will share one per day with you like one-a-day vitamins!

Enjoy!


N. L. Brumbaugh
                                     Sunrise through the walnut trees east of my house 2010 by NLB.





No comments:

Post a Comment