Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

"But this is not the day."  As it is well-spoken in Return of the King, the age of men is not finished.  This morning my Bible opened to Zechariah 14.  As I read about the return of the King, I was picturing it in my mind's eye, how it looks.  
"On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost.  It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime--a day known to the Lord.  When evening comes, there will be light.  
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea and half to the western sea, in summer and in winter.  The Lord will be king over the whole earth.   
On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name."


My eyes often fill with tears as I read scripture, which happened this morning when I read those words.  In 2012 we live in a shadow for the earth is not as it should be.  It writhes under a curse.  I grow impatient, tired, wishful, and stressed when I'd rather be hopeful, cheerful, happy, content. I know I am not alone, I have many sisters and brothers who struggle with the endless cycle of life.  Yet, we must let go of our weariness to look up toward the King of the earth.  From Him we receive a life-giving source of strength and beauty.  The things of this shadow-land are growing less important to me as I realize their lack of worth, their empty reward.  Things of earth are not the source of my happiness for they do not have the capacity to satisfy my deepest wants and innermost desires.  What I love most is not of this earthly realm.  In Him I find full satisfaction.


This is another important year in the life of our country.  It is an important year in the life of all those whom I know.  It is important for each of us, for we will make many decisions and choices that will decide our future moments and years.  I tend to focus on one area as my New Year's resolution.  I realized today what it must be for me in 2012.  And it is a good thing for me to do this.  I am wise enough to know that I will not achieve my goal and strong enough to know that I cannot do it without God's help.  Yet, in the pursuing of it, I will learn and grow and be more than I was in 2011.  This is the day to draw courage and live bravely, to be more than we were yesterday, to put our hope in King of kings, and Lord of lords.

No comments:

Post a Comment