Friday, October 23, 2020

BE THE AUTHENTIC YOU

 

DARE TO BE the REAL YOU

 
 

YES, YOU CAN BE YOU

Who am I? What was I meant to be? It has taken years for me to figure this out because of its many facets. I am a contemplative, listener, encourager. I want to help people find their own path to light, spirituality, and life. I see people's wounds and also the good that is resident in them.

Be the real you. I battle with wanting to be liked vs being my real self. Writings and conversations tell your truth. One of Cec Murphey's maxims states it well, "I’d rather be disliked for who I am than to be admired for who I’m not." That's the authentic self; the kind of person I strive to be. 

Spread your wings. Dare to be what you were meant to be. Dreams can allure as they engage the heart and soul. It is in the being, though, rather than the dreaming, that makes life sing in its originality. Who were you meant to be? Who are you? Answer the question. It's a hard one.

I was depleted. My joy, in the tank. My liveliness, waning. My energy, in need of a reboot. I cried out to God, "Help me!" The next morning, I felt revived, energetic. Halfway through the day, I thought about my increased happiness. What's come over me? Then I remembered my prayer from the day before. My prayer had been answered. God was helping me.

Sometimes we need a break. Today I took off a day from busyness to read for pleasure. Just what I needed. I'd been worn out from the emotions that come with changing dynamics. I read about angels in everyday life. Very intriguing. I have experienced the unusual and could identify with some of the stories.

Keep these words from Philippians in mind:

 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)

That’s right on the money. God says to come to Him, to place our trust in Him. He is the giver of peace who guards our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. What a beautiful promise. There’s our part, and there’s God’s part.

APPLICATION

This isn’t about others; it is about you. Be confident. Place your trust in God. Listen to Him. Allow Him access. Trust Him with your real self. Be the person God made you to be. Don't try to be like someone else, be uniquely you. Seek God to help you understand this.

  • Memorize and recite often: Philippians 4:6-7
  •  Tell God of your need
  • Give praise and thanksgiving

In Christ, you can do this.

I wish you well on your spiritual journey. 

***

Photo by Baard Hansen, Unsplash

Te


No comments:

Post a Comment