Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Best Way To Do Life

Godly Wisdom Speaks

He has showed you, O man, what is good. 
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
            Micah 6:8

This is the life verse of a friend of mine. She is a spiritual mentor to me and is the mother of a friend from my youth. Not only is she a godly woman of depth and character, she is a professional woman in the real estate business. We have spent many long hours together. Her speech is full of wisdom and grace. I learn from her every time I am in her presence.

When she was interviewed by the local paper in regard to her work, she shared Micah 6:8 as the guiding principle for her work ethic. I thought it bold of her to do so. "To act justly and to love mercy" are words to live by; and she lives them. My friend trusts in God and follows his principles.

In a dog-eat-dog world, it is nice to have a friend who follows God's ways instead of the man's ways. Part of this is loving well. I have seen her love complete strangers while on the job. She amazes me. God's ways are pure in motive. He gives that purity of thought to those attuned to his ways. I think it a good way to live life.

Make no mistake, this is the best way to do life.

No comments:

Post a Comment