Thursday, August 15, 2019

FIRST RESPONDER


JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO

One of the problems is that church people don't know what to do or how to do it when the unexpected surfaces. They're out of their league or have not had the power of God as an effectual healer/helper in their own lives. I recall when it happened to me as a leader. While leading a small group on healing angd emotional issues, sparked by reading "When a Woman Finds Her Voice" by JoAnn Fore, two of the women shared very intimate details of past experiences. 

I knew we were on holy ground and we shouldn't move on without letting it sink in. But I was out of my league, and knew it. I didn't want to brush their honest comments aside. I wanted God to meet them in the recesses of their hearts and to let His healing breeze refresh their spirits in a way. Only He could do. I sent up a silent prayer to Father God, stood up, then lightly placed my hands on the two women's shoulders and prayed a specific prayer of healing, thankfulness, and for God's holy intercession. 

When I finished, the four of us sat there in a pregnant pause with tears in our eyes. The holy hush of God's presence was so very real at the moment of need. There is an intuitiveness from the Spirit that enters such divinely orchestrated appointments. I assume God did some healing during that encounter. 

The Christian community must equip its leaders to become conduits of God's healing grace in people's lives. None of us are exempt. We all need it.
 
* * *

For more, visit my author site at nlbrumbaugh.com.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment