Thursday, October 11, 2018

Is the Bible Relevant for Today?


Is the Bible relevant?

I have been reading in Genesis, Psalms, and Mark lately. It so impresses me how stories in the Bible are full of drama.

Joseph's story is one of them. It plays out like a movie, with injustice after injustice, event after event, and so forth. He sorrows for his homeland, his people, even though he rises to second in rank in Egypt. And the story line has one amazing, unexpected, unpredictable resolution.

And, in the book of Mark, walking with Jesus and the way each situation occurs and causes people to stumble, rejoice, heal, reject or whatever. There's never a dull moment for the disciples. And the audience? Three days without food while sitting on the hillside listening to Jesus. Could or would we do that?! I love reading the words of Jesus. They speak life and cut to the chase, don't you think?

I read the psalms and see my own kaleidoscope of emotions, defeating fears, incredible joys, depressed feelings, and multiple sorrows ... with ever-present steadfast hope in God. This is the one book in the Bible that I read a chapter of almost every day. It is extremely applicable to the daily struggle and gives us what we need to carry on.

Is the Bible relevant? Yes, the Bible is relevant. At least for me it is. The Bible speaks the language of heart, Spirit, and truth, and that is what makes it relevant for every age.

Blessed I am by its words.

No comments:

Post a Comment